Cramming For Tests, Yes or No?

How Should You Properly Study For Tests

It’s the night before a big test, and you forgot to study. Hopefully you are able to get sleep tonight. Is this a good idea, or should you space out your work?

In my opinion, cramming is never a good idea, but sometimes it is necessary when you have a lot of homework. To have the best efficiency, finish all of your homework first, then study for the rest of the day.

Senior Cade Eskew said, “Whenever I study I always end up guessing on my tests. MY best recommendation is to listen to music when I study.”

Music can be beneficial for some, but for others, it can be distracting. Most people say that instrumental music can help you focus, but playing your favorite music can also do the same.

Senior Ben Bower said, “I like to spend time looking at the review before I go to bed, and I wake up early and read through everything.”

If you are an early waker, this could be the study method for you. You don’t have to worry about staying up late and you can still understand the information pretty well.

This may seem obvious, but paying attention more in class helps reduce your study time. It also helps your brain process the information so that you can remember it for longer. When you learn too much information at once, you will only remember parts of the information.

If it is too late at night, then just go to bed. The longer you stay up, the less productive you will be. This will also make you more foggy when you take the test.

Don’t sweat tests, there will always be another one. Just remember to look ahead and try to not cram tests when you have plenty of time to study.