Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Nathan Laperi
Nathan Laperi

Nathan Laperi is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as a staff writer. Nathan enjoys playing football and hanging out with friends. Last year, he was on the Yearbook...

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

A Song To Remember

The band Competes at Bishop Lynch For the Annual Competition and Sight Reading

What sounds like random noises and playful warm up scales are actually pieces and parts of fantastic songs learned as early as the start of the year. The fun beats and various tunes coming from the unusual instruments is almost always a delight to hear. But the most difficult part is always figuring out how good you actually are in comparison to all the other bands. That’s what the competition and sight reading is for.

When the upper school band arrives a little early, they go into the performance hall and watch the middle school band perform, which is always a fun experience, getting to see all the hard work the middle school put into their music. 

Senior Everly Roach said, “It was a great experience getting to listen to the other bands play, and experience a performance from a viewer perspective.”

Sophomore Colton Mills said “I enjoyed getting to perform for judges in a more professional manner.”

Feedback is always important. It’s almost the sole reason for going to the contest. Each year, the judges, music, and feedback. The feedback the judges gave helped determine the band’s score, and the students have their own opinion on why they got the score they did.

Colton said, “ We didn’t do so great because we have a lack of balance with the middle sounds due to our lack of French horns and saxophones.”

After the big show, the band gets taken to the mall for a delicious treat. North Park Mall is full of colorful sculptures, delicious food, and fun shops to visit. Although the band doesn’t get the opportunity to change, the members are allowed to change out of their dress shoes and flats for a more comfortable shopping experience. The band was given almost two hours to eat and shop before the bus loads up again to head back to the school. 

Come out to Bishop Lynch nest year to watch to band preform another great show. 

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin, Staff Writer
Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is also involved in the school’s marching band, where she plays the bass drum.