Students Serving the Community

What is Chi Sigma?

What is Chi Sigma? To be honest, many PCA students and families have this very question. It is an organization dedicated to service and membership is available to students currently enrolled in grades 5-12 at Prestonwood Christian Academy or PCAOnline, and it is an independent, nonprofit organization.

Chi Sigma is a very exciting student/parent organization with a main goal of serving others together and giving students an opportunity to learn lifelong leadership skills while glorifying Jesus Christ. The mission, according to their website, is to easily connect students and parents with various community service and philanthropic organizations, personal development options, as well as national volunteer possibilities.

The potential opportunities and connections that Chi Sigma can offer through connections, these students will find their life passions while also giving them great service and leadership skills.

Joining Chi Sigma will also help the student with their college admissions process. Service hours show college admissions a great amount of dedication, selflessness, and initiative. Members can use their service hours on their college resumes, which will attract more colleges and could even lead to potential scholarships.

Chi Sigma partners with service organizations such as the Salvation Army, Operation Christmas Child, Unions Gospel Mission, and Minnie’s Food Pantry. They also partner with Team Connor, an organization that has raised over $1.7 million to help find cures to end childhood cancer.

The main event that Chi Sigma partners with every year is the Special Friends Prom. Chi Sigma partners with Prestonwood Baptist Church for the annual Special Friends Prom. Chi Sigma members will help to serve on this special evening.

Senior Lauren Descombaz said, “The Special Friends Prom is one of my favorite events of the year. I love being able to help impact the lives of everyone who participates in the Prom.”

Chi Sigma is a nonprofit, Christ centered organization with the goal of developing a lifelong service and leadership skill in students.

While participating in events like the Special Friends Prom and helping organizations like Operation Christmas Child, those who participate realize the importance of selfless service.

“I have enjoyed serving with Chi Sigma over the years, it is truly my most favorite organization,” said Junior Kamryn Corley.

If you are interested in joining Chi Sigma, please contact Rebekah Worrell at [email protected] and visit http://chisigmaservice.org/c_default.aspx for more information.