Adulting is Voting

Students Share Their Excitement For Voting Now Being 18 Years Old

Voting has always been important to many in our society. Now at the age of 18, citizens are granted the right to vote. Your voice can now be the difference for our next presidential election which is very important and influential.

When looking to vote for a specific president, you have to really look into the alignment of your beliefs which will help you decide on who you want to vote for. When you turn 18 or even before, you should figure out what it is that you believe in. Voting is an influence to make a step forward for our society depending on your values and beliefs.

Senior Christian Askil said, “I’m excited that I now have the opportunity to vote for a president in this upcoming election now that I am 18.”

Another important thing to take into consideration is which party you will choose to support. This will require research and a lot of thought behind it. Many of us receive guidance from a family member or friend that helps us decide what party we will support. This is a great way to start and learn more about each party. However, there is great freedom in voting for your personal wants and not other people’s opinions.

Senior Jack Applegate said, “My parents help me get a better understanding of each party and what each party supports.” said by Senior Jack Applegate.

When granted this opportunity, it’s good to cherish small moments like these because they are the small steps to adulthood.

Senior Aidan O’Connor said, “I can’t wait until I can go vote each year for different candidates as this is my job as an American citizen.”

As an American citizen, there is serious importance to help your country advance and vote yearly. This is what alot of our seniors will be able to experience.