North Texas Giving Day

PCA raises money to give to Staff, Faculty, and Security

Since 2009, North Texas Giving Day has been the largest community-wide giving event in the nation according to their nationwide website. Last year, North Texas raised 62 million dollars. This year at PCA, our goal is to raise $500,000. The money will go to teachers, faculty training, and increased security.

Director of Annual Funds, Mrs. Aulenbach said, “My favorite part of North Texas Giving Day was the excitement and energy of the lower school students.”

Sophomore Band Member Micah Jones said, The Band and Pom Team came to perform for the lower school students. “I love watching their facial expressions and how amazed they were at our music.”

For the lower and middle school students, the highest donating grade level gets a snow cone party. For the upper school, the students get a Chick-fil-a day.

Pom Team Co-Captain Elle Gillespie said, “For North Texas Giving Day, we held signs and promoted spirit. My favorite part was seeing how happy the kids were when they walked in.”

On the giving day, September 21st, make sure to wear green to support the donations that will go to our teachers and staff. Every year we strive to raise more and more. Hopefully we can raise the most this year.

Director of Parent Engagement and Ministry, Mr. Dan Panetti, said, “Giving is usually seen in a negative light but with our celebrations, we make it a positive light.”

What snow cone flavor will you have? Mr. Panetti has reserved the tiger blood, a blend of cherry and coconut. I love banana, but the fan favorite is cherry, with the most votes out of all of them.