Fruit-Bearing Chapels

Students share their insight on why they enjoy the Fruits of the Spirit themed chapels
Fruit-Bearing+Chapels

Have you heard everyone say “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control” growing up? As Galatians 5 says, the Fruits of the Spirit describe how the Holy Spirit works in and through a person when they have an intimate relationship with Him. To begin the 2023-2024 school year, the Upper School chapel theme this year is classified by each fruit of the spirit every Thursday.

Chapels are taken very seriously and are always very well thought out at PCA. They always seem to blow us away and leave students encouraged after the message. Chapel is a great way to find weekly wisdom, worship, and uplifting conversations.

Senior Brooks Garland said, “I loved hearing one of our speakers talk about how whatever we are putting into our life will eventually come out, and we have to sow good things to reap the fruits of the spirit. My favorite chapel so far has been the topic of joy and how it flourishes in people’s lives.”

The fruits of the spirit are such a special topic to touch base on, because we have learned about it so much growing up at PCA. It truly describes some of the staff and students’ character traits in beautiful ways.

Senior Mikala Young said, “I love listening and learning each week about this because it inspires me to fulfill these fruits in my daily life to look more like Jesus.”

Students enjoy chapels that encourage them to get in the Word and inspire the character of Jesus in their everyday lives.

Senior Camille Edwards said, “I enjoy chapel because it teaches me how to properly live out Scripture in my own life.

The fruits of the spirit themed chapels are and will be a heartening, yet influential topic that will influence students and staff to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be a servant of Christ.