The Heart of STCA

The Heart Behind St Timothy and Why Students Love Being Apart of It

Heart of STCA
The Heart Behind St Timothy and Why Students Love It
By Julia Pickett, Co-Editor In Chief

St. Timothy Christian Academy was born out of a desire from Dr. Paul Warren to broaden the hope for a dream that was placed on his heart. He was inspired to create a Christian education for students whose learning styles require a unique approach. STCA serves K-12th grade students with learning differences which kindly accommodate 20+ different diagnoses allowing students to excel in their education.

Our PCA Upper School students get the extraordinary opportunity to voluntarily participate in an STCA internship each semester. This allows students to interact and encourage them while also fulfilling the vision that Dr. Warren had. This way every single student is impacted in a different, yet influential way.

Senior Faith Wagner said, “I love being a part of the St. Timothy community because of my special connections with the students. When I spend time with the students, their contagious joy and inspiring strength pours into me as well.”

STCA is included in many of PCA’s fun traditions and events that happen throughout the year such as All School Worship, pep rallies, Homecoming, and the Special Friends basketball game.

Senior Lauren Descombaz said, “Only STCA Upperclassmen get to attend the pep rallies so it’s a big deal for them. Then, STCA students get the opportunity to participate in the Special Friends basketball game near the end of the year. I love seeing the big smile on their faces and the way they get to interact on the court.”

Students are looking forward to an exciting opportunity to start serving these students in the sweetest way. The way PCA and STCA intertwine and participate in these events are so special.

Senior Colson Reeves said, “I am looking forward to serving and meeting with the students at St. Timothy beginning in the spring.”

We praise God with so much thankfulness for allowing this vision of accommodations and guidance to come to life so beautifully.