Joy In Being For Each Other

Reflection on the For The Girls Chapel
Aubrey Pasant
From left to right: Senior Julia Pickett, Senior Tate O’Neal, Campus Ministry Associate Courtney Caldwell, Upper School Counselor Erin Williams, Senior Sherina McKinley, and Senior Paytyn Ferrell

PCA began a new tradition of having the girls and boys split for chapel. The goal for this chapel is to have it occur once a quarter. We have begun a “For the Girls” Chapel, giving feedback, wisdom, and advice that the Upper School girls can apply to their lives as they grow up and mature in Christ. Upper School Counselor Mrs. Erin Willams and Campus Ministry Associate Courtney Caldwell were able to bring their loving vision to life this past Thursday.

The group of seniors, Julia Pickett, Sherina Mckinley, Paytyn Ferrell, Tate O’Neal spoke alongside them on friendship and how to maintain healthy and loyal friendships with each other.

Each quarter, the topic will differ based on what the girls want to hear about.

The majority of the high school girls related to how they have been treated in the past. They learned how to look for friendships that reflect Christ-like qualities while being that friend too. They talked about finding your identity in Christ alone overflowing into your relationships with others.

Sophomore Juliana Delgado said, “Something that I learned from this Chapel is knowing what a true friend looks like and minimizing the toxic people in your life that bring you down.”

Sophomore Madi Neel said, “Friendship is supposed to be uplifting and loving to others and this chapel helped us know how to apply this to our lives and how we treat each other.”

Overall, this is an amazing tradition that will bring unity, joy, and love between the girls through older wise counsel and fixed our eyes on Jesus. To love God and love others first.