Preparing to Travel the World

Students Properly Prepare for International Minimester

International trips can be very stressful before and during the trip, but each international minimester trip creates life-long memories that you will never forget. In order to reduce stress, we have compiled a list of all things students are doing to prepare to go on an international trip.

Senior Mikala Young said, “I will be going to Uganda for 11 days, so I’m making sure to get all my vaccines, pack enough clothes, and make sure I have everything I need to be best prepared for the trip.”

Something to consider is the long airplane times. Uganda’s trip is 17 hours, so preparing to travel for that long is a necessity. Some things to bring are a water bottle, snacks, airpods, a neck pillow, and a well-located seat.

There are also many great packing lists on the internet that you can use to best help you pack for these differing trips across the world.

Sophomore Aidan Petrof said, “I will be going to Costa Rica in March, so I have to make sure I pack enough clothes to protect me against the sun and be mentally prepared to build a house.”

Minimester trips are very different from your normal, day-to-day life, and being open-minded about the situation is necessary to fit in. Traveling to places like Uganda can be stressful, as you are very far from your comfort of home.

Get excited to go on one of the most influential weeks of your life. However, prepare and pack well, so that you can enjoy the week to its very fullest.