Thrive In Third Quarter

Managing Third Quarter And All That Comes With

After Christmas break, the school is at its busiest time of year. Many athletics, academics, and outside-school activities put a lot of stress on students, which can be hard to manage. As long as you have a way that works for you to manage it, you can be very successful.

Sophomore Colette Ko said, “It is important to keep going, stay focused, and finish strong.”

When school gets difficult, that is when you have to work the hardest. Though the motivation is low, it is important to keep striving for excellence.

Senior Grace Cheng said, “Even if you can’t understand a difficult lesson, it is important never to give up and keep trying to understand.” Especially with so many things going on, it is important to focus on one thing at a time and have structure to your day to make sure you get done what needs to be done. Time management is an ongoing discussion that no one has the answer to, but some handle it better than others. Being a forward-thinker will be very beneficial for one in high school or even college.

Freshman Pate Johnson said, “I try to keep focus and create a schedule in order to stay on top of everything.”

If you take all these tips into consideration and modify them to work for you, the third quarter will be much more manageable. While it is a busy time, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot of enjoyable activities as well. Keeping a good balance between both will ensure that you have a great rest of the year.