Fellowship of Advisory

Why Students Love Advisory After Chapel
Fellowship of Advisory

Prestonwood Christian Academy has created groups called Advisory that every single student 9th-12th grade is involved in. It is a great opportunity to get to know people and have a group to feel comfortable with through all four years of High School. It helps to have a safety group to go to when needed. It is important to have people around to love and encourage you.

Senior Alexis Wilson said, “Honestly these past three years have been difficult for me, but being able to go to my advisory for guidance has been very beneficial for me.”

Every Thursday after chapel, each advisory group talks about the sermon and expresses how they each felt about it. It is a great way to gather everyone’s thoughts so the advisor can communicate this with the people who organize chapel each week.

Senior Claire Moye said, “One of my favorite things about advisory is that each week we get to bring breakfast snacks to snack on while sharing memories in advisory.”

PCA has done a great job by setting up advisory groups for each student to enjoy. It is always great for a student to feel they have someone to talk to. It provides a great community that’s built into school. Advisory’s are a great way to express your feelings and thoughts and having a safety group is just what one needs throughout their time in highschool.