Gift-Filled Christmas

Students Share Why They Love Involvement In Operation Christmas Child
Gift-Filled+Christmas

Every year, Prestonwood Christian Academy offers an opportunity for each advisory group to make a difference in kid’s Christmas’ across the world. Each advisory group is tasked with making at least ten boxes for an organization called Operation Christmas Child by Samaritan’s Purse. As a school, we are providing hundreds of boxes for kids as a Christmas gift and also providing the Gospel.

Senior Alexis Wilson said, “I love serving, especially with my advisory, packing these boxes is a great way for us to share the word of God during the Christmas season”.

Packing these boxes makes such a difference for kid’s all over the world. The age groups that each advisory chooses from, range from the age of 2 all the way to the age of 14. The box is to be filled with toys, hygiene products, and school supplies. The organization also recommends adding a handwritten personal note or picture because they are usually the most valuable gifts to the child that is receiving the box.

Senior Sofia Little said, “It is most important to me that as a group we pray over all the boxes that are being delivered to these children, hoping that soon they will be led to the word of God”.

Places that the shoe boxes reach include Ecuador, Central Asia, the Philippines, Togo, and so many more places. PCA’s entire school makes such a difference by providing so many boxes to all these children all over the world. It is important to make a difference in the lives of so many children especially over the holidays.

Senior Caitlyn Childers, “I have been making these boxes ever since I attended PCA in 3rd grade, it makes me so happy to know I am making a difference in the lives of so many children by making these boxes”.

As a school, we are spreading discipleship and evangelism thousands of miles away just by making these boxes. Make it an effort this Christmas season to volunteer at a local processing center, build a shoebox, or find ways to give. Operation Christmas Child has been able to spread the word of God every Christmas season. It is great to see the difference the organization is making every single year.