Lights Over Prestonwood

Prestonwood Lights Up Their Yearly Christmas Tree

Every year, Prestonwood Baptist Church decorates a forty-foot Christmas tree to light up the Prestonwood parking lot. This tradition started many years ago, and Prestonwood plans to keep the tradition for a long time.

On Monday November 20th, the celebration took place at 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the church. Events such as hayrides, photos with Santa, story time with Mrs. Claus, and much more brought fun for everyone.

This event is made for the entire family, and Prestonwood strives to celebrate it with everyone. You are able to see theater plays of the Bible, showing the reason behind Christmas. At this event, the Christmas Spirit spreads like wildfire.

Sophomore Ashleigh Brown said, “My favorite part was when everyone gathered around the Christmas tree, I could feel the Christmas Spirit.”

After enjoying your free hot chocolate, people listen to the band play Christmas music. Christmas themed songs are able to be heard from everywhere at the event.

Sophomore Band Member Micah Jones said, “I love seeing the Christmas tree light up while playing in the band, the food was really good too!”

Prestonwood Church always needs volunteers for events. Each job is enjoyable and can be done by students in High school or Middle school.

Sophomore Libby Araman said “I loved to distribute and give candy to the kids. I also loved helping the church and recommend you to volunteer too.” She dressed up as an elf to distribute candy to little kids.

The Christmas Tree Lighting was a once in a lifetime opportunity for both kids and adults. Make sure to come next year and volunteer if you can. It is a great time to help give back to the community and experience the joy of Christmas.