Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Going the Extra Mile

What does being a part of yearbook staff take?
Going the Extra Mile

The yearbook has always been an exciting part of Prestonwood, covering all grades of PK 3-12. At the end of the year, the book is published and passed out to everyone, but what most people don’t know is all the work that goes into creating the yearbook. The entire yearbook staff puts in tons of hours working inside and outside of class to finish the book on time.

Junior Editor Ava Allen said, “I spend the most of my time in the yearbook class going over to the Lower School to get quotes and pictures of the younger students.”

After gathering all the quotes and pictures needed for the spread, they design the page and must finish it before the final deadline.

Sophomore Staff Member Luke Glass said, “Yearbook keeps me busy with the tight deadlines for my spreads always coming up.”

Once the spreads have been completed, they have to go through a rigorous editing process to ensure that the book’s theme is consistent and to make sure that there are no mistakes.

Senior Editor-in-Chief Madi Mijares said, “Editing people’s spreads and photo cut-outs are very time consuming, but once they are done it makes the whole book look better.”

Numerous hours go into perfecting each page before it even goes to marketing for approval. If marketing finds a mistake, then they send the spread back to be fixed. After marketing approves it, it officially becomes a page in the book. As you can see, many hours and people pour into each page to make the final book. Being a part of the yearbook staff requires dedication, time, and creativity; three skills that not everyone has.