Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Cheerful Joy of A Show

Gift Of Christmas, Now Better Than Ever

Gift of Christmas is a yearly tradition for Prestonwood Baptist Church. It is a 100-minute play that shares a multitude of Christmas spirit and cheer along with the story of the Gospel. With flying angels, drummers from the sky, live animals, a Living Nativity scene, the question really is how does the staff prepare?

Sophomore Actor Braden Campbell said, “We work very hard, and every weekend we practice to make everything perfect.”

This play has been months in the making, both with the actors and orchestra totalling to over one-thousand people. Made for your entire family, they are ready to give you the perfect Christmas experience.

Sophomore Actor Blake Dunham said, “My favorite part is the third act, which is the reenactment of Jesus being born.”

Every year, the Gift of Christmas touches the hearts of everybody watching. The actors practice to make the show as accurate as the Bible tells it. This year, the staff are learning a whole new Act 1, something that has never been done before.

Blake Dunham said, “The play shows how great God is by the birth of Jesus, and in our play, the magnitude of baby Jesus stuns everyone.”

Junior Actor Ava Grace Harbison said, “Its cool that we got that many sales
in the first five days, It really shows how the grace of God is being spread to everyone.”

Although the play is very entertaining, Prestonwood staff strives to bring the Good News to everyone who watches. Many have never heard the full story of the birth of Jesus, and this play shares the faith to many.

Blake Dunham says, “This play is so little in everything happening around us, but God shows the bigger picture to everyone watching.”

Most tickets have already been sold out. In the first five days, there were over one-million dollars in sales. However, they are not sold out yet, so make sure to purchase them soon if you want to go.

Whether you are into music, plays, the Christmas holiday, or want to hear more about the story of the Bible, Gift of Christmas is a 5 star must see.