Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Quarter Two Survival Guide

Tips and helpful reminders from students to get through the second quarter successfully

The second quarter can be very stressful, but as long as you utilize strategies and tips, you will make it through successfully. The second quarter is full of activities that shorten academic days and opportunities to visit teachers. That is why it is important to plan ahead and make sure you know what you need to accomplish each day.

Sophomore Amaia Scholl said, “I would say to study in advance for everything. With all the work that piles up, it makes it less stressful when you feel more prepared.”

Keeping up with work and staying on top of studying is very important to success. There are many beneficial ways to use your time.

Senior Riley Arnett said, “Just stay focused on what’s important. Try not to procrastinate unless that’s what works for you. Also, find things to look forward to apart from school like hanging out with friends, reading a book, or spending time with family.”

It is important to keep a balance between life and school. While you should work hard, God and family also have high prioritization in your life.

Junior Ella Henrie said, “It is very important to turn work in on time and be conscious about what assignments are coming up.”

Be sure to check MyPCA for what is due the next day to make sure you know what assignments you have to complete.

With all the classes stacking up, always plan ahead and plot out your time. If you can get a sense of how many things you have to do, it will be much easier to prepare. Always ask your teachers questions when you are in doubt of something. Communication is a very important part of success.

Remember to prioritize what is important, and good luck.