A Week for the Movies

Learn all about this year’s Homecoming dress up days.
Graphic by Lily Gossett
Here are this year’s Homecoming dress up days.

Homecoming is just around the corner and I’m sure you are all wondering what the week looks like. This year there are a variety of different theme/dress up days for everyone to look forward to!

Upper School Technology Teacher Mrs.Kelley McLeod said, “It’s so much fun seeing the students dress up and show their school spirit. I can’t wait to dress up and join the fun this year.”

Are you scared of the dark? Tuesday is the day, come dressed up in the craziest space themed outfit or character from a sci-fi movie. And show up ready for a mysterious, ominous day full of science.

Upper School Bible Teacher Mr. Travis Quinn said, “I’m so excited for the theme days, I totally forgot it was at the movies. I could see myself dressing up like star wars. I dressed up as Han Solo once with my wife as Princess Leia, so I really feel like I could pull this off.”

Wednesday, round up your best denim and plaid and come dressed for success with a country themed day. Western day is where you can show off your swanky country wear and kick back your cowboy boots to learn.

Junior Lilly Gossett said, “I am very excited the themes seem more interesting than my last school!”

Rounding out the theme days, Thursday is action movies day. Come elaborately dressed in your favorite action movie character. Whether it’s James Bond, Indiana Jones, or even avengers like Thore, Spiderman, or Wonder women, be bold and adventurous, come suited up for an action packed day of learning.

Sophomore Victoria Head said, “Even though I’m new this year and don’t know what to expect I’m so excited to dress up and be a part of the fun!”

Concluding our week, Friday we have the Homecoming shirt day. Arrive dressed in your grades HOCO shirt color. This year, with the theme at the movies, our shirts have different movie genres on the back of each grade’s shirts. Buckle up and get ready for homecoming dress up week. It’s going to be one of the best!