Job Interviews Do’s and Don’ts

How to be Prepared for a Job Interview

Finding the job that fits you is an essential part of job hunting. Around the time most teenagers get to the age of fifteen, they start to have a desire to get a job so that they can make money. Having a job as a teenager is a great way to learn about leadership, money, time management, and responsibility.

Once you have found a possible job, it is important to prepare yourself for the interview. Most workplaces are going to start with an interview before hiring. It’s important to know who you may be hiring and what they can bring to the table.

These interviews can be very scary. You don’t want to mess up and say the wrong thing. It’s also important to make sure that you are dressed appropriately.

Senior Juliana Chavez said, “It’s important to dress professionally because you want to present yourself how you want the employer to see you.” When you come to the interview looking like you’re worth a million dollars, they will treat you like you are worth a million dollars.

It is also important to come prepared for an interview.

Senior Sloan Freeman said, “Make sure to come prepared for your interview because it shows that you care.” When you are prepared it makes it easier to know what to answer. Senior Caroline Adams says, “you should also be calm and collected.” Do not stress yourself over these interview questions and just be yourself.

Make sure to also be respectful. Sloan said, “make sure to say yes ma’am and yes sir, have manners because you should always be respectful. Having manners is a great skill to have when working customer service. It can also be good to share your own things. Sloan said, “Show that you are interested and share your goals for the company.”

Having a job can be a fun thing to do as a teenager. You can make money and learn how to do new things. This teaches you life skills and preparers you for the future when you have to get a job to provide.