Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

The Lions Roar at Cross Country

This Year’s Cross Country Team Showed Their Team Spirit During the Innovation Meet
Sophomore Chris Fu and Junior Presley Elfarr go for the gold.

The 2023-2024 Cross Country team took 5th place during their innovation meet last week at Liberty Christian School. Although they did not reach the highest score, the team and team coach, Coach O’Neal, never lost spirit.

Sophomore Christopher Fu said, “Coach O’Neal is a great coach who brings us encouragement every time we feel like we are not going to win or when we fall behind.”

To get through the whole meet, the team needed the coach’s support, but also their own teammates’ support.

Sophomore Izzy Anderson said, “The hills were tough to run through, but with our team spirit, we were able to push through.”

With all of the encouragement and team spirit, our Lions did amazing at their invitational meet. Although it was only the start of their season, our cross country team gave it their all.

Junior Presley Elfar said, “The meet went great. The first meet is normally everyone’s worst one, but our girls team was especially strong this time.”

The cross country meet precisely showed the talents of all our Lion runners. In the future, our lions expect to reach even greater heights. Let’s go Lion Runners!.