Science is Fun

What is High Touch/High Tech

At PCA, many students in the lower school have High Touch/High Tech which is something all of the students enjoy. High Touch/High Tech is where a real scientist comes in and teaches students different experiments.

Many of the students enjoy High Touch/High Tech and learning different parts of science. The kids all really enjoyed the experiments on the Five Senses. They each learned about how they can use their senses.

Scientist Curtis Moothas said, “So today, the experiment was based on the 5 senses. We did an experiment on seeing what noise a fork would make a noise upon, and we also did a Jelly Bean experiment, where we tricked the kids on plugging their nose to make the Jelly Bean taste better and testing their taste buds.”

The kids all had one favorite experiment which was the Jelly Bean experiment. Each student had a favorite part that was different.

Pre-K 5 Hadley Hall said, “My favorite part about the Jelly Bean Experiment was plugging my nose.”

The part the kids enjoyed from the experiment was tasting the different flavors of Jelly Beans that the scientist provided.

Pre-K 5 Student Quinn Michel said, “My favorite part of the Jelly Bean experiment was we gotta eat the Jelly Beans and guess what flavor you got.”

Another part of the experiment that the kids enjoyed was sticking their hands out and closing their eyes to guess what flavor they got.

Overall, High Touch/High Tech is one of each kid’s favorite things to do while in Lower School to explore their science skills.