Third Grade Talents

Third Grade Shows Their Talent Through Invention Convention

Once a year, the third grade students get the opportunity to invent something new and present it to their classmates. The students spend weeks looking at different types of simple machines and how they can help the world. They then think of a small problem in the world that they can work to fix and build an invention that solves the problem. The classes take turns walking around the third grade hall and looking at the other inventions.

Third Grade Student Carter Furman said, “Seeing all the other inventions is my favorite part of the project.”

The students create posters to go with the inventions explaining how they created it and how much it cost to make which allows the other students to learn while looking at the other projects.

Third Grade Student Decker Patjens said, “Looking at the posters and learning how they made the inventions is fun.”

This project also allows the students to see how they can help improve the world by doing something small.

Third Grade Student Jazmine McCareins said, “I’m excited to see how inventions can help people because the little things matter.”

This project allows students to learn about simple machines, presentation skills, and how they can make a difference in the world. The third grade class has already started thinking of ideas of what they want to make for the Invention Convention this year.

The Invention Convention will take place on March 27, at 8:30 AM in the third grade hallway. Come see all that these third graders have done. They are future world changers and inventors.