Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Mock Trial Goes to Yale

Here is the 6th place trophy our Lions brought home from Yale.
Jason Vera

Our PCA Mock Trial team recently had the opportunity to visit Yale University to compete with other schools in an invitation only tournament. They flew into New York and drove down to New Haven where they intended to tour Yale, but due to bad weather, they stayed inside and practiced for their upcoming competitions. Here’s all the inside information on the trip from the Mock Trial team themselves.

What did you learn while on the trip?

Mock Trial Coach Mrs. Kim Stidham said, “We need to have quicker responses and make sure that our characters are likable.”

The competition consisted of schools across America that were given a month to have a prosecution and defense for different court cases. They could then choose whether they wanted to prosecute or defend on either Saturday and Sunday.

How did you do?

Senior Juliana Head said “Everyone did amazing, better than I thought we would.”

Mrs. Stidham said, “Out of the four rounds, we won three. The only school we lost to was coached by Harvard law.”

The team overall loved their trip to Yale. Many members’ highlights include being part of a bigger community, spending time with each other, receiving their trophies, and walking around downtown New England.

What was your favorite part of the trip?

Junior Ryleigh Cooper said, “Our whole hotel had the exact same passion as us and came from all states. I loved coming back with deeper friendships than we left with. We had outstanding witnesses all around.”