Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Good Eats Before HOCO

Incredible Options on Where to Eat Before HOCO

Homecoming is just around the corner, and it is time for us to find places to eat beforehand. Today, we have compiled a list of affordable, medium, and expensive places to eat.

My first recommendation is La Pizza La Pasta in Eataly. This place is an Italian restaurant and the price range is around $50-75 a person and has amazing food. My favorite dish is the Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Some of their other popular dishes are the Margarita Pizza, and the Arancini. The Arancini is Fried Saffron with peas.

Jose is a great Mexican restaurant that is known for their Ceviche and Enchiladas. Found in the city, this is a great place to have tex-mex food. My favorite dish is their queso, I think it is one of the best I have tried.

Moving on to medium-priced restaurants, we have a sushi restaurant named Oishii. Found in Plano, this restaurant is known for their yellowfin rolls and spicy tuna rolls. If you like poke, their poke bowl is one of the best.

The Mexican is one of the best genuine Mexican restaurants in Dallas. Known for their “Del Mar” Seabass and their Filet Mignon. My favorite dish is their Salmon Piquin. All of their dishes are made to order and are always fresh.

For our expensive restaurants, we decided to include Carbone. Carbone is a top-notch resturant known for their spicy rigatoni and their housemade bread. Every night, they have one pasta dish made. If you are the first one, you can order it. I have never had it, but I’m sure it’s very good.

Nick and Sams is the best steakhouse in Dallas. They are known for their ribeye and their aged steaks. To pick your steak, they come out with a giant platter that you can choose from the steaks on a platter. Whichever you choose, they will cook it for you. This would be a great option for students before HOCO.

Hopefully this article will help you find a place to eat with your friends or your HOCO date. All of these restaurants are our favorites, but there are many other good ones too.