Headed To State

Girls Varsity Basketball Prepares For Their Upcoming Playoff and State Games

The Girls Varsity Basketball team has had a very successful season so far. Keeping this success going, the team hopes to progress further onto state. In order to make it to state, teams have to play in district, area, regionals, and state semifinals. If they can win all these games, then they will be headed to state on March 1st.

Senior Kierstin Rink said, “As a team we work really well together, and it shows on the scoreboard. I am excited about this year’s playoffs, because I know we have the potential to do really well.”

Leading up to the playoffs and state, it is critical for the team to be mentally and physically prepared every day.

Senior Londyn Oliphant said, “The ultimate goal is winning state, but we take each practice and game to get better. We’ve been hit with adversity, but it hasn’t hindered our growth as a team.”

Especially with it being one of the most busy times of the year, staying focused and attentive is very important to success.

Junior Allie Swindell said, “In order to make it far in the playoffs, the team and I need to be locked in at practices and make sure we are very detail-oriented and disciplined. My goal is to help the team in whatever way I can and get as many rebounds as possible to break the rebounding record.”

Striving to make it to State, the team will practice well until then. Before then, all of their games in between are a good gage of their progress. As the team gets closer and closer to State, PCA needs to support and cheer them on.