Wrapping Up Swim

The Swim Season Coming to a Close

Winter sports are finally wrapping up for the 2023-24 season. As for Varsity Swim, they have two major meets coming up to finish the season up well. Those meets are TAPPS Regionals on February 2 and TAPPS State on February 12. The team has been training for this moment all season. Regionals is the determining factor as to whether or not swimmers qualify to compete at State.

Sophomore Peyton Whitmarsh said, “It’s my last season here so it’s sad that it’s almost over.”

As time closes in, training well is very important in these last few weeks.

Sophomore Aidan Petrof said, “I want to really push myself in practice so I can have a good time and make State.”

Swimming is not just about the meet, it’s about the people and the community that you share with the team.

Senior Ella Henrie said, “I’ve been swimming for Coach Peron for five years, so graduating and leaving this team will be hard.”

After all the hard work put in this season, swimmers are looking forward to the season’s biggest moment. Even though it is almost over, the season has been amazing. Excluding the achievements and great performance, the community has only grown stronger throughout the season. As we say goodbye to seniors and others who will leave, the season will close on a great note.