Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

New Teacher Alert – Mrs. Blankenship

Jason Vera
Meet Mrs. Blankenship, our new math teacher.

What made you decide to come to PCA?
God was really the reason. I started an application, but changed my decisions due to personal reasons. Then Dr. Nichols reached out to me. We interviewed and God closed all the doors that would have kept me from coming.
What is your favorite part of PCA so far?
The students. Y’all have been very welcoming. Y’all say good morning and offer a smile.
What PCA traditions are you most excited to experience?
Football games. I love high school football and it has been a while since I have been to one.
How many years have you been teaching?
This will be the start of my 29th year.
What made you realize you wanted to become a teacher?
I was sitting in an Algebra 2 class and loved it. I knew I was to work with kids and God called me to teach.
What was your first impression of PCA?
There are lots of schedules.
What college did you go to?
I received my Bachelor’s at Our Lady of the Lake in San Antonio and my Master’s at University of Texas at Dallas
What do you teach?
I teach College Prep Algebra 2, Honors Algebra 2 and Honors Business Analysis.
Is there any personal information you want to share with the school?
I have been married to my HS sweetheart for 35 years. I have 2 grown children and 2 red-headed grandbabies and a third on the way. I have a twin brother who is a retired Air Force Colonel. I love video gaming and reading.

Jason Vera
Jason Vera, Staff Writer