Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Tension You Could Cut With a Knife

12 Angry Jurors Taking the Limelight of This Year’s Fall Play

Originally only a script in 1957, the play 12 Angry Jurors is taking the limelight of this year’s Fall play, and is ready to deliver the verdict.

Fires starting, shots being fired, a life on the edge of a knife, and so much more in this year’s fall play led by Ms. Pam Hurt, 12 Angry Jurors.

Set in New York City during the 1950s, an 18-year-old boy has been accused of stabbing his father to death. The evidence has been laid out on the table to be decided over by the twelve jurors attending the court. All the evidence seems to point towards guilty, until juror 8 goes against the vote and begins debunking all the facts and alibis to prove the boy’s innocence.

Although the storyline has a pessimistic origin of the author a part of the jury of a homicide trial, and unlike anything the crew has done before, the cast still enjoys performing the show and having fun with the rest of the members during rehearsal.

Sophomore Blake Dunham said, “I like being able to interact with different people during rehearsal. Also, our show is very different from what we’ve done in the past.”

Junior Ashlyn Hardy said, “When I go to rehearsal and see all of my friends, we all get to do what we love together.”

Everyone has the ability to audition for any role they choose, and the cast is based on how well they can adapt to becoming someone else, but also often a reflection of how the actor relates to the character they play. And when the auditions are over, and the decisions are made for who made the cut, everyone is excited to see who will be who in the play.

“I am juror #8, who thinks the boy is not guilty, and everyone else thinks he is guilty,” said Blake, “I auditioned for that role because he wants to know the truth, and that is what I want to know too; he’s reflective of who I am.

Junior Ava Grace Harbison said, “I play juror #12, and I wasn’t sure I was going to make the cut, but I’m glad I got the part that I did.”

And though arguments may arise about someone not getting the role desired, there is still respect for Ms. Hurt, and all those involved in the casting, the stage sets and props, and the makeup crew. The crew is also very pleased with how promising this year’s play looks so far.

“The audience can look forward to a high school show presented in a professional way, and it’s very well prepared and thought out,” said Ashlyn.

“They can look forward to the arguments and how each juror presents them, and they can get to experience picking up the lies and the truths in the play, and how it relates to real life,” said Blake.

If this closing case entices you as much as the cast, then come see if justice will be seved, or if the guilty will be found innocent in this years fall play, 12 Angry Jurors.

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin, Staff Writer
Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is also involved in the school’s marching band, where she plays the bass drum.