Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Valentine’s Day

How different people celebrate
Valentines+Day

Valentine’s Day is a fun holiday for both singles and people with a partner. On the one hand, if you are in a relationship, you have a day to go do something romantic with your partner, but if you’re single, you have a free excuse to ask someone out, bonus points if you take them on a Valentine’s themed date. 

Though some people could say that Valentine’s Day is terrible and puts too much stress on someone to get a gift or find a partner, it’s really not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. The central concept is bonding with each other and giving people an opportunity to find a partner, not forcing them to find one.

The only aspect I feel like doesn’t matter as much and should not be expected, but it doesn’t take money to have fun. “Money can be needed, but it’s really about being with that person over the money spent. You can make memories without it, it’s as simple as watching a movie at their house, playing board games, or just sitting and talking, because it’s about the time.” said Sophomore Ayden Snell.

On the topic of spending time with people, group dates or hangouts work well too. With group dates, you can easily just have fun without having the pressure of being one on one, and with group hangouts you can do a little Valentine’s day theme party, even get to know new people, and maybe find a potential interest.

All in all, Valentine’s Day is a great holiday and is a time to just enjoy yourself, and provides opportunities to be social, rather than spending time alone. Even if you’re an introvert, try putting yourself out there a bit, and find a friend or partner. Happy Valentine’s Day and best of luck to you, whether you’re looking for a partner or friend.

Yinghao Ho
Yinghao Ho, Editor In Chief
Yinghao Ho is a Senior and second-year member of Lion-Nation-Online. He is an avid photographer and can be found after school taking photos at most school events. Outside of school he spends a lot of time gaming, streaming, editing, and can often be found among the band swinging a flag at alarming speeds.