Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Jackson Graves
Jackson Graves

Jackson Graves is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a Staff Writer. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, riding bikes, and hanging out with family.

A Hero’s Homecoming

Homecoming 2021 Stirs Up Excitement
This years theme for Homecoming 2021 is a heros homecoming which commemorates all the veterans and people who are currently in service.
Matthew Mitchell
This year’s theme for Homecoming 2021 is a hero’s homecoming which commemorates all the veterans and people who are currently in service.

Every year, homecoming is one of the most anticipated and extravagant events at PCA. The theme of Homecoming this year is “A Hero’s Homecoming.”  The theme honors the branches of the United States military and their families. SGA wanted to show respect for those who are serving now and who have served our country.

The usual festivities of Homecoming will follow suit, “All the float and hallway decorations will represent a different branch of the military. The parade will have veterans in the parade. The hallways will honor PCA alumni who have served along with any PCA student with a family member who has served” said Mrs. Amy Lumley, Upper School Science Teacher. 

Homecoming is a tradition that is always held dear to alumni because it offers a chance for them to return to campus and see their teachers and underclassmen friends. However, A Hero’s Homecoming will honor more than just normal alumni, it will honor alumni who serve their country. 

2019 Alumni Nicholas Oney joined the United States Navy soon after graduating. Nick said, “I wanted to learn structure and discipline to be able to better myself and set me up for my life after.” He did not even know he wanted to join, but when the opportunity was presented to him, the idea of serving his country was enticing. The rigorous training has shaped him into a different, more disciplined man. “The Navy has changed me almost too much, nothing could have prepared me for it. I had to quickly learn how to be more independent and accountable for all my actions, and how to stay focused on the bigger picture.” 

Alumni like Nick are the reason for the Homecoming theme this year. The theme is an honorable mention of those who responded to a brave and difficult calling to serve others first.

Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell, Editor in Chief
Matthew Mitchell is a Senior and a second-year member of LionNationOnline, he serves as the Editor in Chief. When not at school, Matthew enjoys photography and doing anything that relates to cars. Matthew helps his mother out with real estate and strives to be in the business with her. He also spends an unreasonable amount of time at Sonic.