Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

It’s Not All In the Name

Read about the exciting things ahead at the Biblical Worldview Conference.
Graphic provided by Prestonwood Baptist Church
The official logo of Biblical Worldview Conference.

Sometimes change is good, such as the change from Biblical Worldview Institute (BWi) to Biblical Worldview Conference (BWC). “Institute is more focused on academics and the concept of conference is more all encompassing and inviting to people of all walks of life, which is why they have now included Sunday evenings to welcome in the public,” said Director of Parent Engagement and Ministry, Mr. Dan Panetti.

Biblical Worldview Conference (formerly known as Biblical World Institute or BWi) is a conference that invites the community and helps people grow in their knowledge and faith in the Lord through a series of speakers. The theme for this year’s BWC is “I am.” “The ‘I am’ conference focuses on the person and life of Jesus Christ ‘the great I am’ as opposed to the whole religion of Christianity,” said Mr. Panetti. The hope for this year’s topic is that it elevates knowledge of the life of Jesus. The hope of this year’s topic is that the audience will be led to focus on Jesus himself more than just religion.

Students and staff are in support of the annual BWi changing from an institute to a conference. Upper School Art Teacher Mrs.Mallory Goerk said, “This makes more sense as it is more of a conference style as opposed to an institute style, because it is only two days out of the year, as an institute makes one think of the long term.”

“I love BWC, I love hearing about current topics that are in our culture that students are navigating and trying to understand; Also the conference brings a lot of perspectives from a variety of speakers,” said Mrs. Goerk.

Sophomore Marlie Buttrill said, “I’m so excited for BWC; I love it. I’m mostly looking forward to hearing from a variety of different speakers and hearing what they have to say and teach me.”

The hope is that this conference influences the students and the community by spreading greater awareness and appreciation for the person of Jesus Christ and his relevance to the issues of the world today.

Sophomore Ross Crawford said, “I’m very excited about BWC. I’m very excited about listening to the very talented speakers. I love how they teach me about Jesus.”

Biblical Worldview Conference takes place from September 24th through September 26th.

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris, Staff Writer
Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends and family.