Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Fight for State

A Insider Perspective on the Experience of State

Being able to experience going to state in football with your team is the end goal of the season. The players work hard all season during practice to evolve their skill so they can execute well in the game. There are a lot of emotions during these times because what they’ve been working towards is one step ahead. All the players have to play well under pressure so when the time comes to play the final game for the championship they need to leave it all on the field.

Junior Jack Simon said, “I am happy and fortunate enough to play with the guys who have earned this spot in the playoffs.”

During this time there is a lot of preparation involved going into playoffs and let alone the game for state. You need to prepare mentally and physically so you can play to the best of your abilities to bring home the trophy. If you are not prepared to your fullest potential you may not be able to play the level you can play to win it all. All of the players take this part of the game so seriously because it truly is the most important part of the game.

Junior John Acker said, “We are specifically preparing plays to use against our opponents by watching film and repetition and we are getting ready for everything that may come our way.”

To the players this game to win state is extremely important to them, and this is some of their dreams at stake. Some players dream of winning a state championship before they graduate and doing that is an honorable accomplishment. This also allows PCA to get more attention in the football scene for more opportunities as a school. Winning a state championship game is the more important thing to a football team during the season.

Junior Jack Berthelot said “It is very Important and fun and not a lot of people can say they have been to the state finals”

This season was a great one for Prestonwood Christian Academy, and the program has allowed young men to work on their leadership skills in Christ.