Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Izzy Anderson
Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is a sophomore and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys playing soccer for her school and traveling with her family. When she is not traveling...

Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Dining with Dates

If you are not a freshman, you face the question of where to eat before the dance. Good meals are important to having a good time at homecoming.

An important facet to making the homecoming dance memorable is enjoying a good meal. Since homecoming is an event where students dress in their nicest attire, formal restaurants are often suggested. Steakhouses are most popular with homecoming groups to enjoy fine dining and have a good time with friends.

If you are near the Frisco area, I suggest eating at Three Forks right off of 121 and Legacy. This steak house has impeccable service, environment, and most importantly– food.

Senior Will Johnson said, “My homecoming group went their junior year. They gave us three different courses and I enjoyed every bite I took.”

If you are looking to stay closer to Prestonwood, The Keg is similar to Three Forks in sharing the characteristics of a top tier restaurant. This establishment is located across the street from chipotle/ potbelly and adjacent to Willowbend mall.
    If a steakhouse is not what you had in mind, Whistle Britches specializes in cooking good, southern meals. Chicken is their speciality, and take it from me, they do not disappoint. Whistle Britches is located right next to Neiman Marcus at Willowbend mall facing the tollway.

Junior Lauren Lineberger enjoys going to Whistle Britches with some of her friends, she says, “My friends and I love going there for brunch on Saturdays.”

If a good atmosphere is what you are aiming for, The Boardwalk at Granite Park and Grandscape are home to a number of amazing restaurants and fun activities.

Senior Cade Frank said, “From fine food, to yummy desserts, this is the place you have been looking for.

Homecoming is meant to be enjoyed by everyone., and essential to the experience is having a good time. Having a good meal will not only put you in a good mood, it will fuel you to dance the night away at South Fork!

Jaylie Geyer
    Jaylie Geyer, Staff Writer
    Jaylie Geyer is a Senior and a PCA lifer. She is a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a staff writer. She loves Friday night lights and is a varsity cheerleader along with being a captain on the competitive cheer team. Outside of school, she is on an allstar cheerleading team at spirit of Texas, called A-team. On the rare occasion she is not cheering, she enjoys spending quality time with family and friends.