Nathan Laperi
Nathan Laperi

Nathan Laperi is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as a staff writer. Nathan enjoys playing football and hanging out with friends. Last year, he was on the Yearbook...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Cross Country Success

The Inside Of Cross Country And How It Operates

Cross Country is a sport not for the weak, it deals with consistent hours and dedication. Recently in August, some of the runners had a meet and performed to the best of their abilities. When having a meet, a runner needs to prepare mentally and physically to do the best they can. It is important to take certain measures so that your body can be ready for the upcoming meet. A huge factor in a run is having enough energy to get you through the meet; so you want to make sure that is something you can guarantee.

Sam Wyss said, “Training and practice and drinking a lot of water and getting sleep and preparing myself before the morning”

Over the past years, cross country has had a lot of meets and events. As a team there are many ups and downs, but that’s how the team grows together as a whole. Not every meet goes as planned or hoped but in every loss there is always a positive outcome. The meets take a lot of commitment, with their schedule and mental aspect invested into the sport. When doing well in a meeting, it unifies the team and gives motivation to do even better for the next one. Meets are very important and are some of the highlights of the cross country season.

Presley Elfarr said, “Our recent meeting was not the best, it was extremely hot and the air quality wasn’t the best. These things help the team prepare to face any challenge that they may face during meets.”

Throughout the Cross Country season the team is able to connect and make new memories. They are also to build chemistry so that they can perform better together as a whole. Due to that, the team is able to connect and enjoy the season with the memories they create. The team in a sense becomes a family and has each other’s back. Many runners have many favorite things they enjoy about the sport. These favorite things are what motivate the runners to compete year after year and perfect their craft. These things are key to building the foundation of Cross Country and the team.

Bella Erwin said by “My favorite part about cross country is the people and how they are nice and allow me to be myself”