• April 19 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Parish (at Graham Field)
  • April 19 / 4:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Home)
  • April 23 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Dallas Christian School (at Graham Field)
  • April 23 / 5:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez
Co-Sports Editor

Justin is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. He serves as a Sports Editor. He enjoys basketball and football, and also loves music and fashion.

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

National Signing Day

Celebrating our seniors’ athletic achievements
Steve Sickman

One of the biggest accomplishments as a high school athlete is to sign a national letter of intent. This letter is a representation of all the hard work and dedication that is put into becoming a great athlete. This signing day PCA athletics had the opportunity to have eleven student athletes make their collegiate career official. There were seven football players that included Ben Schug, Kellen Tasby, Sean Cheaster, Elijah Knott, Nathan Laperi, Gunner Naivar, and Jake Riggs. Then there were two girls basketball players Kiersten Rink and London Oliphant, baseball player Preston Blake, and soccer player Ben Baldwin. 

Senior Jake Riggs has been at PCA for one year where he played varsity football. He signed with Louisiana Tech University to play football for the next four years. Jake says, “I felt like the culture of the school was a great fit for me, and I am so excited to open up this new chapter of my life.” It is important to have a connection to the school that you plan on attending because this is where you will spend the next four years of your life. When you grow that bond with your school, it makes it easy to become a better person. This is a time to meet new people and try new things, so it is important to feel comfortable and at home wherever you go. 

College is one of the first big decisions you make in your life. Senior Kierstin Rink who signed with East Texas Baptist University to play basketball says, “I feel like this decision was easy to make because I knew what I wanted, and they gave me the best opportunities.” When a college has what you are looking for it makes the decision so much easier. It is also nice to be surrounded by the ones you love on this big day. Senior Preston Blake who signed with the University of Mary Hardin Baylor to play baseball says, “I was so grateful to have my family in attendance to share this achievement with me;I would not be anywhere without them.” Your family is your support system, and it is important to have this support system with you in major accomplishments. 

As the year comes to a close, decisions are going to be made. These decisions are based on what you want and what you see for your future. There are so many colleges in the United States, but it is about picking the college that is right for you. Senior Ben Baldwin who signed with the College of Charleston to play soccer says, “I am so happy with the decision I made because I feel like it affects my life in a positive way, and this is a place where I can become the best soccer player I want to be.” At the end of the day, it is about what makes you happy and what best helps you succeed. 

Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley, Co-Sports Editor
Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends in her free time.