Breaking News
  • May 4th and 5th: Track State Meet
  • May 7th: Baseball 1st Play-off Game vs. TCA
  • May 8th: Softball 2nd Play-off Game vs. Antonian Catholic College Prep
  • May 6th-10th: AP Testing and Senior Finals
  • May 13th-17th: Finals
  • Graduation is Friday, May 17th
  • May 20th: Memorial Day Holiday

The New Softball Program

Lady lions gear up for a new season as it’s their first year competing in district.

For the past couple of years, the Lady Lion softball program has been competing as an independent school, but for the first year ever they are competing in a district. New coaches have been a great addition with Interim Head Coach Jeff Nolan and Assistant Tony Lewendowski stepping in. The players are excited to get started and have a great season.

Sophomore Baylee Huprich said, “I am excited for my first year of playing softball at Prestonwood. I love being with the girls.”

The team is composed of four upperclassmen while the rest are lowerclassmen, so the team gets the opportunity to become unified as a whole.

Senior Ana Lewendowski said, “I love being able to lead the team as an upperclassman and get to know all of the sophomores and freshmen.”

The field is located by the STEM garden, along with the PSO facilities. The field itself is newly turfed and the batting cages have been renovated in order to have a productive season.

Sophomore Maddie McDonald said, “The new additions added to the softball field have increased my excitement to play.”

The Lady Lions are ready to compete this year in a district. They have been practicing after school for multiple weeks and are continuing to work hard. Their district play starts the week after spring break, so let’s support them in their monumental season.

Mackenzie Nolan
Mackenzie Nolan, Staff Writer
Mackenzie Nolan is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff as a Staff Writer. She is a Varsity basketball player and enjoys hanging out with her family when not in school. She plans on attending Grand Canyon University next year to play softball.