Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Packing for Minimester

Prepping for the Great Commission

Knowing what to bring on your minimester trip can be stressful. You do not want to overpack, but you also do not want to take the risk of underpacking.

The packing list will differ depending on the type of climate your trip will be in. For example, the things a student will pack on the colorado trip will look very different from a student going on the Costa Rica trip.

Warm weather trips should include clothes like shorts, tshirts, possibly sunglasses, etc. However it is still important to respect the dress code while you’re on minimester. Cold weather trips require warmer wear like coats, leggings, gloves, etc.

The most important item one can bring on minimester is your bible. The whole goal of minimester is to spread the gospel and the bible is the ultimate source of information to bring people to Jesus. It is also recommended that you bring a journal and pens to write down any experiences, or possibly notes like conversation starters or your testimony.

Jaylie Geyer
Jaylie Geyer, Staff Writer
Jaylie Geyer is a Senior and a PCA lifer. She is a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a staff writer. She loves Friday night lights and is a varsity cheerleader along with being a captain on the competitive cheer team. Outside of school, she is on an allstar cheerleading team at spirit of Texas, called A-team. On the rare occasion she is not cheering, she enjoys spending quality time with family and friends.