Everyone Loves a Parade

Homecoming parade kicks off the day's celebration

Students+from+Kindergarten+teacher+Julie+Zarzycki%27s+class+at+the+North+Campus+wave+lion+shakers+as+the+Parade+passes+by.+
Students from Kindergarten teacher Julie Zarzycki's class at the North Campus wave lion shakers as the Parade passes by.

photo by Travis Pratt

photo by Travis Pratt

That 5:30 a.m. alarm can startle, but Homecoming day begins early for those in charge of the parade.

Floats have to be assembled and moved to the school. Finishing touches of pomp must be added. Court members have to find their cars. Then there’s the job of getting all the groups together and in order. The silver lining- everyone loves a parade.

One look down the parade route and it was easy to see the excitement among the younger students. They brought their noisemakers and enthusiasm in anticipation.

Pullquote Photo

My favorite part is seeing all of the young kids screaming and having so much fun. I remember being their age and looking up at all of the high school students.”

— Junior Emily Chastain

Dogs, a firetruck, floats, the band, cheerleaders, the Varsity Lions, the Homecoming Court and even a gorilla greeted all along the way.

As the groups passed, they slapped hands with the Little Lions and felt the warmth through their contagious smiles.

The parade made its way past Main Street and wound around to Lions Stadium where the Homecoming Pep Rally began immediately after.

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Showstoppers

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Common Ground

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Tall Texans

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

The Weatherkids

• Cub's Corner

Building Confidence

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

More than Mittens

• Everyone Loves a Parade

20/20 Photo Galleries

20/20 Lower School P.E. Showcase

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Lions for Little Elm

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Speak Up Lower School

• Everyone Loves a Parade

Cub's Corner

Dear George