• September 29 / 7:00 pmVarsity Football | Bishop Dunne Catholic High School (at Home)
  • October 5 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | Bishop Lynch High School (at Home)
  • October 6 / 7:00 pmVarsity Football | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • October 11 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | Nolan Catholic High School (at Away)
  • October 12 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | John Paul II High School (at Home)
  • October 13 / 7:00 pmVarsity Football | Nolan Catholic High School (at Home)
  • October 17 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • October 19 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | Parish Episcopal School (at Home)
  • October 20 / 7:00 pmVarsity Football | Bishop Lynch High School (at Home)
  • October 24 / 6:30 pmVarsity Volleyball | Ursuline Academy (at Away)

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Izzy Anderson
Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is a sophomore and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys playing soccer for her school and traveling with her family. When she is not traveling...

A Heart for Serving

The Impact of Manna Monday

There are many ways to serve at Prestonwood Christian Academy. Upper and middle school students participate in Minimester, North Texas giving day, and many more. However, Lower School students serve in their own way.

All Lower school students in Pre-K through Fourth Grade participate in Manna Mondays, where students collect items such as boxes and canned food to give to our upper school students as they go off on their mission trips all around the world. These items go towards people who are in need.

As the oldest of the Lower school, the fourth graders stand outside the Lower School during carpool and collect all the items that the students bring in.

Lower School Teacher Kim Jones said, “The Fourth graders love it because they are the oldest in the Lower school and they like to set an example to the younger students.”

Manna Monday leaves a lasting impression on students that go through Highschool at PCA. They remember setting an example for the younger students and getting a glimpse of how fortunate they are. This form of leadership gets them ready for middle school where they have to start that leadership role all over again.

Freshman Hayden Fox said, “I remember holding up the signs for certain foods, and serving people who are less fortunate that we are and it opened up my eyes to see how fortunate we are.”

Manna Monday shows how grateful people should be for what they have. This is helping students take a step back and realize how fortunate they are and it helps them develop a strong heart.

Sherina McKinley, Co-Sports Editor
Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends in her free time.