Jackson Graves
Jackson Graves

Jackson Graves is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, serving as a Staff Writer. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, riding bikes, and hanging out with family.

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Natalie Choi
Natalie Choi

Natalie Choi is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as Staff Writer this year. When she is not in school she enjoys spending her free time with her friends by...

MTP Track – Emma Loschen

When did you start track?

I started track when I was 9

How many hours a week do you practice?

I practice 8 to 10 hours a week

Name one thing you are working to improve right now?

Right now I am working to improve my 200 time on my 400m dash

Pre-game ritual?

For pre meet rituals I go to cryotherapy and use compression boots so that my body is fully recovered and ready to compete. For dinner I always have some type of pasta so I have plenty of energy for the next day 

What’s something you need to do for a meet?

Something I would say that is crucial is to get mentally ready to compete. Track is a very mental sport so it’s all about going into it trusting your training and competing with yourself.

How would your teammates describe you?

My teammate Nadia Thomas described me as “an encouraging teammate who pushes everyone to be their best on the track. Very caring and hardworking giving everything 100% no matter how easy/hard the workout is”

Who is your role model, and why?

My role model is Jasmine Moore, she’s an incredible athlete who does long and triple jump. I always watch her videos and her performance is very encouraging.

What is the hardest thing about your sport?

The hardest thing about track would probably be motivation on the hard days. Going out there to do hard workouts is a choice, but it’s all a matter of how bad you want that metal and how much you want to improve.

Name something that stresses you out?

I would say the most stressful thing is handoffs for relays. The relay is a team event so I want to do my best to not let them down. That’s why it is very important to focus on practice days so we can all execute well when it comes time to say “stick” and handoff.

Name a recent accomplishment you are proud of, and why?

My most recent accomplishment is getting a PR and first place in long jump with a 17’11 mark. I am really working to make it to the mid 18’s.

Before I graduate, I want to ________, and why?

Before I graduate I want to break the school record in long jump, because I am so close I would want to keep that in the back of my head to push myself for the mark I’m wanting 

Name one thing about yourself that most people don’t know?

One thing about myself that most people don’t know about is I want to be nurse practitioner  when I grow up

Yinghao Ho
Yinghao Ho, Editor In Chief
Yinghao Ho is a Senior and second-year member of Lion-Nation-Online. He is an avid photographer and can be found after school taking photos at most school events. Outside of school he spends a lot of time gaming, streaming, editing, and can often be found among the band swinging a flag at alarming speeds.