Nathan Laperi
Nathan Laperi

Nathan Laperi is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as a staff writer. Nathan enjoys playing football and hanging out with friends. Last year, he was on the Yearbook...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Meet the Teacher – Mrs. Phillips

Maia Brown
This is Mrs. Phillips, a eleventh grade history teacher at PCA.

How many years have you been teaching at PCA? I have been at PCA for nine years.

Where did you go to college? Texas A&M University (whoop!)

Do you have kids? I have two kids- Jackson is twenty-one, he graduated from Liberty HS in Frisco and lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Annabelle is a Junior at PCA, and in my first period class! 

What type of music do you listen to? I listen to everything:  Rock, Pop, Oldies, Old Rap and Country (if it was released after 2000, I probably don’t know it), Christian, Jazz, Musicals.  When not listening to music, I love to listen to Podcasts, too! 

What is your favorite restaurant? Anywhere that serves guacamole and queso: El Norte is close to my house, so I’ll go with that.

Who is your greatest inspiration? I would have to say my mom and dad. They were both extremely hardworking people with integrity.  My mom was always telling me stories about being a child in the Great Depression, seeing schoolmates join World War two, and she saw JFK just moments before he was killed.  In a way, she was my first history teacher.  My dad is still (at ninety-two) very young at heart, likes to learn new things and is still dancing! 

What is on your bucket list? I would love to go on an Alaska cruise, go to Israel, go snorkeling in beautiful places, improve my piano playing, and go on Dancing with the Stars.

What have you learned from teaching your students? I have learned to always be curious and ask questions, to value experiences and make memories. It is important to remember that we’re always “becoming”- each of us is a work in progress, and God’s not done with us yet!  The students have also kept me semi-hip with my old people friends, by teaching me current catchphrases and trends.

Maia Brown, Staff Writer
Maia Brown is a senior and first-year member on the LionNationOnline Staff where she serves as a Staff Writer. When she’s not in school, she is playing club soccer year round. She enjoys playing guitar, traveling, serving her community, and spending time with family and friends.