Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Lower School 100th Day of School

How lower school students and teachers celebrate the 100th day of school
PCA Lower School celebrates the 100th day of school with many fun activities.
Google

Every year, lower school students and teachers are very excited about the 100th day of school as it is different from other days of school. It means that the year is slowly coming to an end and that summer will begin soon. It also can be a sad day for those who love school and will miss it in the summer, but mostly this day is filled with happiness across the different grades. 

To celebrate, Lower School Students in PK-4, PK-5, kindergarten, and first grade dress up like they are 100 years old. They wear glasses, fake wrinkles, and gray hair. Some even bring canes or walkers to go with their outfits. It’s a fun day because it makes students feel “old” because of all the days that have passed in the school year. Dr. Katie Chretien, Lower School Principal said, “I look the most forward to seeing the kids dressed up like old people and the wonderful conversations I get to have with first graders as they describe the process they used to count out 100 things to use to decorate their shirts. Their excitement around the event reinforces their love for learning because it is tied to an activity they enjoy doing!”

Lower School Students can look back on the memories from this day and think about how they had fun and got through another year of school. It can also bring back memories of the joy of Lower School. This day is a day of celebration that spreads across multiple grade levels. Many students in middle school and high school even remember this day as a fun way to commemorate 100 days of school. Senior Ella Moore said, “I remember being in Lower School waiting until I could wear the senior shirts because I thought they were so cool.” Not only is the 100th day of school for lower school students, but it is also for middle and high school students to remember their lower school memories and get ready to finish the school year and for seniors to graduate.

This day brings happiness and joy to the Lower School students and is a fun tradition that will live on for years to come, maybe even 100 years!

Lauren DenBraber, Staff Writer
Lauren DenBraber is a sophomore and first year-member on the LionNationOnline Staff where she serves as a Staff Writer. She is on the Science Olympiad team and is involved in FPS. She loves swimming on the PCA swim team and also loves hanging out with her dog, Bailey.