• April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Lindsay Pyle
Lindsay Pyle

Lindsay Pyle is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. In her free time she enjoys listening to Elvis Presley, watching Gilmore girls, and spending...

Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Serving the World

Service Project Day 2021 Has A Different Twist
Matthew Mitchell
Senior Kade Kernal takes an Operation Christmas Child box to fill with toys, toiletries, and more

Service Project Day is a day dedicated to the serving of less fortunate people across the world, and has been around for more than 20 years at PCA. The focus each year is chosen by the school’s Ministry Team, consisting of Lainie Montgomery, Caleb Schneider, Steven Bryant, Caitlee Nabasny, and Courtney Caldwell, is an integral part of the school’s system. Their job, Courtney said, “Is to prepare students spiritually for the world and make sure they are equipped to make a positive impact for Christ in the world.”

Due to the change in restrictions on travel and large gatherings, this year’s planning has been hectic, but the ministry team pulled through and got everything together despite the odds. The core aspect of Service Project Day revolves around the idea that we should help others that are less fortunate than us, passing our blessings onto others. This year’s project’s main focus is the packing of Operation Christmas Child Boxes. Working in their advisories, each group will pack boxes for less fortunate children across the world.

In addition to the main project of Operation Christmas Child, there will also be breakout rooms, helping through a variety of ways, including volunteering at the church pregnancy center, packing hygiene kits for the homeless, writing encouraging notes to teachers, packing food for city missions, and serving at St. Timothy, the special needs sister school to PCA. Students will spend the entire day working on Operation Christmas Child, and work in the breakout groups for the remainder of the day.

Overall, Service Project Day is a way for students to get involved in the local and global community, as well as follow God’s will to help others and be a good samaritan. By giving students an opportunity to volunteer, it helps them grow in their faith and helps them understand how blessed they are and to not take things for granted.

About the Contributors
Yinghao Ho
Yinghao Ho, Editor In Chief
Yinghao Ho is a Senior and second-year member of Lion-Nation-Online. He is an avid photographer and can be found after school taking photos at most school events. Outside of school he spends a lot of time gaming, streaming, editing, and can often be found among the band swinging a flag at alarming speeds.  
Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell, Editor in Chief
Matthew Mitchell is a Senior and a second-year member of LionNationOnline, he serves as the Editor in Chief. When not at school, Matthew enjoys photography and doing anything that relates to cars. Matthew helps his mother out with real estate and strives to be in the business with her. He also spends an unreasonable amount of time at Sonic.