Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Jason Vera
Jason Vera

Jason is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. He serves as a staff writer. In his free time, he enjoys skating, volleyball, and gaming.

Meet the Player Varsity Soccer – Carlye Nesseth

Meet the Player Varsity Soccer - Carlye Nesseth
Maia Brown

When did you start playing soccer? I started playing when I was 8 years old. 

What is your favorite thing about the sport? I enjoy being a team with girls from different grades and getting to build relationships with them. 

How many hours a week do you practice? I practice for a duration of 2 hours 5 days a week.

Who is your favorite professional team? My favorite professional team is the U.S. Women’s national soccer team. 

My favorite soccer related memory is… playing center back with my teammate Allie Shaw. 

What is your go to pregame meal? Chick-fil-A 

Name one thing on your bucket list. I want to go to Greece. 

What is something that you enjoy doing in your free time? I like to hang out with my friends.  

Who has been your greatest inspiration? My mother 

Maia Brown, Staff Writer
Maia Brown is a senior and first-year member on the LionNationOnline Staff where she serves as a Staff Writer. When she’s not in school, she is playing club soccer year round. She enjoys playing guitar, traveling, serving her community, and spending time with family and friends.