Justin Rodriguez
Justin Rodriguez

Justin is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. He serves as a Sports Editor. He enjoys basketball and football, and also loves music and fashion.

Julia Pickett
Julia Pickett
Co Editor-In-Chief

Julia Pickett is a Senior and lifer at PCA. She is a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff as Co Editor-In-Chief. She enjoys writing, traveling, watching sunsets, and spending time with family...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Change in Position

PCA Introduces a New Head of School

After the departure of Dr. Larry Taylor, many have wondered what comes next for the Head of School position. That question is now answered with the introduction of Dr. Michael Goddard to the PCA family. Dr. Goddard is the former Superintendent of Lovejoy ISD and new PCA Head of Schools. He and his wife Dena are involved members of Prestonwood Baptist Church and are passionate for Christ.

Dr. Goddard has been involved in the world of education for many years and has a true passion for helping students. Upper School Assistant Principal Tamika Barnett said, “Dr. Goddard respects our existing culture. Any new opportunities from Dr. Goddard’s leadership will add value, enhance our school, and strengthen our PCA community.” Dr. Goddard has outstanding leadership experience in school administration, earning high praise from his former coworkers at Lovejoy ISD. He was awarded the top leader award in the large company category for LISD’s high placement in The Dallas Morning News’ “Best Places to Work.” Dr. Goddard is committed to creating a fruitful school environment. “I have a passion for developing leaders in companies, service organizations, schools and teams; growing and developing leaders, teachers, coaches, students, athletes, and parents.” said Dr. Goddard.

For those who have been at PCA since preschool, Dr. Taylor was the only Head of School they had ever known. Dr. Taylor’s departure from the position is a monumental change for PCA, but the values of the school will stand strong. “I feel like with the Lord directing this change, the only result will be positive,” said Upper School Principal Wendy Morris. “I think that the culture of our school is built upon our mission statement. I do not feel that will change. However, how we go about making sure that is carried out and processes, procedures, and programs could change if the Lord leads us. I only feel that will be a positive change. I know Dr. Goddard wants to learn all about PCA and what we are doing – he’s already started doing that! It’s going to be a positive to have him here with us!”

Dr. Goddard is already hard at work at PCA interacting with students and faculty and getting acclimated to the new environment. We all wish him the best and are excited to see what new doors open from this change.

Matthew Mitchell, Editor in Chief
Matthew Mitchell is a Senior and a second-year member of LionNationOnline, he serves as the Editor in Chief. When not at school, Matthew enjoys photography and doing anything that relates to cars. Matthew helps his mother out with real estate and strives to be in the business with her. He also spends an unreasonable amount of time at Sonic.