Sherina McKinley
Sherina McKinley

Sherina is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Sports Editor. She is Co-Captain of the Girls Soccer Team, and she enjoys listening to music and hanging out...

Peyton Whitmarsh
Peyton Whitmarsh

Peyton Whitmarsh is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionsNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys watching the sunset with her friends, swimming for PCA, and spending time...

Lily Gossett
Lily Gossett

Lily Gossett is a Junior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys cheering for the Lions competitively and hanging out with friends in her spare time.

Week of Monday, February 10th – Friday, February 14th

Announcements

02/10/2020 – 02/14/2020

Clubs and Meetings

Student Leadership Institute: There will be no SLi meeting Tuesday, February 11th.

SLi will resume on Tuesday, February 18th, with Spring Seminar courses.

There is an ITS meeting this Wednesday, February 12th during activity period in the Speech room, U201. We will be discussing nationals, the upcoming ITS party, and service projects.

Science Olympiad and STEM group photos will be taken on Friday, February 14th at the very beginning of Activity period.

Minimester

Cuba Mission Trip – meeting in Miss de Leon’s room Friday, February 14th during activity period!

LA Mission Trip – meeting in Mock Trial Room on Friday, February 14th during activity period

Athletics

Cheerleading and Pom Parent meeting on Tuesday, February 18th!! This is a mandatory parent meeting for all competitive cheerleaders, spirit cheerleaders, and pom squad.

5:00 pm – Spirit cheerleading (breakout)

5:30 pm – All spirit groups. Coach Cunningham, the PCA Athletic Director, will talk to all of the parents.

After this, there will be breakout sessions for the Pom Squad and Competitive Cheer.

Extra Information

Students, PSAT scores were distributed last week.  If you did not pick up your scores at that time, please stop by the Guidance office and pick them up.

Valentine carnations and popcorn will be delivered during activity period on Friday, February 14th and handed-out during 6th period (after activity). Please contact Mrs. Towle or Mrs. Banta in the library if you have any questions.

Colleges

The following colleges will be here TODAY during activity period in the Math Hallway: Texas Tech, University of Texas, Dallas, University of Arkansas, Abilene Christian University, and Samford.

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college!

Claire Banta, Florida State University

Quinten Heflin, Texas A&M University

Sean Lee, Pratt Institute

Dennis Phillips, Miami University, Oxford

Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.