Natalie Choi
Natalie Choi

Natalie Choi is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as Staff Writer this year. When she is not in school she enjoys spending her free time with her friends by...

Izzy Anderson
Izzy Anderson

Izzy Anderson is a sophomore and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys playing soccer for her school and traveling with her family. When she is not traveling...

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Week of Monday, November 11th – Friday, November 15th

Announcements – November 11, 2019

University of North Texas will be here during Activity period today.  Please stop by the table set up in the Math hallway and visit with our Admission representative.

This past Friday and Saturday,  Hockaday hosted their annual Speech and Debate tournament. Our Congressional Competitors included Bryson Frank, Brody Douglass, Dominic Gluskin, and MS’er Mason Cruse. Jack Dunnigan and Bryson Frank both advanced to semifinals in Domestic Extemp with Bryson placing 3rd in DX and winning FIRST in Congressional Debate.  Katie Kittredge competed in Info and POI. It was a god weekend for the speech/debate team.

Any Upper School students interested in playing tennis this spring, please remember we have TRYOUTS at Oak Creek Tennis Center this week on Tuesday & Wednesday from 3:45-5:00. If you are currently in another sport, please make sure that you are in communication with the Head Coach.

FPS Competition Wednesday at 7:45. Please be on time and in this year’s FPS t-shirt and jeans. Yearbook pictures will be taken at 7:45. Bring a CHARGED computer!

Students, just a reminder that this Thursday, November 14th will be Picture Retakes.  If you missed the original date or, if you would like to take retakes, please make sure you are in Chapel uniform. 

SLi will resume today, Nov. 12 at 9:15.  All grade level presentations will finish up.  If your group did not present at the last meeting, you will present today.  This is a mandatory meeting.  All SLi students must attend even if your group has already presented.  Please meet in the following location:

9th grade – Choir Room

10th grade – Library

11th grade – Horner Training Center

12th grade – assigned grade level room

There will be a STEM Honors Program meeting this Friday, November 15 during activity period in the Horner. All STEM Honors members are required to attend this meeting.

The BWI quiz will be next week in your history classes.  If you haven’t turned in your BWI booklet, please turn it in to your history teacher with your name on it so that you can use it on the quiz.

Students: You must have a PCA-issued case on your school computer!

Digital Citizenship:

Your digital citizenship course on Canvas is now open.  All students need to be in the course before the holiday break.  If you denied to course, a new invite is being sent. This course is required by PCA so every 7th-12th grade student is required to complete this course by May 1st. Please know this is self-paced. If you are having trouble getting into the course, please come to the US Library and Mrs. Towle can help you.

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college:

Claire Banta, University of Texas, Dallas

Jacob Burton, Oklahoma Wesleyan University

Cole Childers, Texas A&M University

Cami Deaton, Baylor University and Texas A&M University

Jacob Dixon, University of Arkansas

Nathan Galloway, Wisconsin Lutheran University

Jenna Gile, University of Kentucky

Jaden Gravett, University of Oklahoma and Texas Tech University

Hunter Hall, Webster University

Alex Johns, Louisiana Tech University

Katie Kittredge, Abilene Christian University

Rebekah Rohn, Texas A&M University

Emerson Ruley, Samford University and Texas A&M University

Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.