Shae Locklin
Shae Locklin

Shae Locklin is a Junior and a first year member of LionNationOnline Staff, where she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys making art, creating music with her friends, and all things outdoors. Shae is...

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

Week of Monday, October 7 – Friday, October 11

Announcements – October 7, 2019

We are accepting late orders for H2OCO until Wednesday at midnight! 

If you missed the PSAT pre-registration, you MUST attend the makeup pre-registration which will be held Monday, October 14th, during activity period at 9:15 am in the Horner Training Center.   The PSAT will be this coming Wednesday, 10/16.  The test will begin at 8:00 am. Please bring a number 2 pencil (NO MECHANICAL PENCILS ALLOWED). 

Denver Minimester Meeting

All Denver trip participants will have a required meeting this Wednesday, October 9, during activity period in Mrs. McKinley’s room (U121 in the Math hallway). Bring your laptop! 

Speech & Debate Team photo for the yearbook will be TODAY (October 8th) at 3:45 in the Speech/Mocktrial room. Please don’t be late, regular uniform attire.

ALL 11th graders need to report to the Horner for PSAT pre-registration on Wednesday, 10/9/19 at 12:30 pm during activity period.

Bring a number two pencil with you (NO MECHANICAL PENCILS allowed).  Please be on time!

HOCO Dress-code checks are every:

• Wednesday from 2:30-3:00
  • Friday from 7:15-7:45

The next SLi meeting will be TODAY, Oct. 8  at 9:15.  Students will break up into grade-level meetings again this week and work on group presentations.  SLi yearbooks photos will also be taken, so please be on time!  Please meet in the following location for this week’s meeting:

9th grade- Choir Room

10th grade- Library

11th grade- Horner

12th grade- your assigned grade-level

The following colleges will be here TODAY (October 9th) during activity period at 12:30 pm in the Math Hallway:

• University of Missouri
  • Hardin-Simmons University
  • University of Tulsa
  • Lousiana Tech University
  • University of Central Oklahoma

There will be an ITS group picture in the black box theatre on Friday, October 11 during activity period.  We will take the picture at 9:20 and should be done by 9:30.   Make plans to be there!

Southern Mexico Minimester –  All participants in the Southern Mexico trip will be meeting in Mrs. Wiehoff’s (U137) room  during Activity Period

There will be a very short meeting on Friday in Mrs. Stephens room at the beginning of activity period for all students going on the Paris/Normandy Minimester trip.  Please bring your computer.  If you are unable to attend please see Mrs. Stephens before the meeting.

GRACE Council and IJM meeting in Doctora’s room this Friday (October 11th) during activity period.

Anyone interested in participating in a winter sport this year, one parent must attend the upcoming Winter Sports Parent Meeting and Team Breakout on Monday, October 14th at 6:30 PM in the Field House. This meeting includes Middle School & Upper School Basketball, Middle School & Upper School Soccer, and Middle School Swimming.

The Dominican Republic Girls Minimester Trip will meet on Wednesday (Oct. 9) in the Grogan Conference Room at noon.  Lunch will be provided.  Please come if you can. 

Book Club this Friday

Don’t forget to come this Friday to the yearbook room to discuss the “thrilling” books you are reading this month.

Share your favorite “thrillers” and why you are a fan or maybe why this genre is not your thing.

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college!

Carly Alcorn, University of Arkansas

Tatum Ernst, University of Arkansas

Joel Gray, Texas A&M University and University of Texas, Austin

Quinten Heflin, University of Oklahoma

Maddie Pratt, University of Alabama, Belmont, University of Oklahoma

Samantha Seal, University of Texas, Austin

Avery Snell, University of Kansas

Nicole Snyder, University of Arkansas

Leighton Strawbridge, University of Arkansas

Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.