Nathan Laperi
Nathan Laperi

Nathan Laperi is a Senior and a second year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, he serves as a staff writer. Nathan enjoys playing football and hanging out with friends. Last year, he was on the Yearbook...

Rachel Denbraber
Rachel Denbraber

Rachel DenBraber is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys participating in FPS and Science Olympiad. Outside of school, she enjoys...

Jackie Dominguez
Jackie Dominguez
Co Editor In Chief

Jackie Dominguez is a Senior and second year member of LionsNation Online. She serves as a Co-Editor in Chief. She enjoys playing volleyball, being on the FPS Board and being a member of the PCA Science...

Lions Dominate the Trojans

At PCA’s Varsity Football home opener, the Lions met the Trinity Christian Academy Trojans at Lions Stadium. In the days before the football game, tensions were already high with the Trojans due to the recent Girl’s Volleyball matchup, when the Lions lost in four sets at home. The Trojans came into the game 0-2 and facing the 1-1 Lions with debut of the new video scoreboard in the background.

With the stadium packed and the fans going crazy, the players ran onto the field. This was the first home game of the season, and the team was ready to defeat the Trojans. The game started off with a quick touchdown to give the Lions an early lead. After the touchdown to begin the game, the Lions would score again to make the game a quick 14-0 against their rivals. This pattern would continue all the way through the first half as the Lions went into half-time 30-0. One of the great plays of the first half was by Senior Linebacker, Walker Lunsford, who had an interception to end the half. Walker, after the interception, ran off of the field and performed a cartwheel. Walker said, “Everyone was playing with intensity and playing for each other. The energy that the whole team had was crucial to the success that we had. The cartwheel was me acting off of the awesome energy.”

The hype during the game was intense with the opening of the new concession stand area and with it being designated Lower School Night. The stands were packed, and the energy was high. After a quick half and a performance by the Pom Squad and the band, the Lower School mini-Pom girls got the chance to run on the field for the half-time performance with the Pom team.

After half-time, the defeating of the Trojans would continue throughout the darkness of the night. The Lions would would score another 14 points to bring the Lions total to 44. On the last play of the game, the game ended in a 44-7 victory for Lions. Overall the game was a great success for the Lions; asthe entire school was there to cheer loud, and the stands were full of gold in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness.

Jack Walton, Sports Managing Editor
Jack Walton is a senior and a first-year member of the LionNationOnline staff, he serves as the newest and greatest Sports Editor. He is apart of the Varsity baseball team at PCA and also serves as a midweek leader for high school students. Jack loves going to all the sporting events that Prestonwood has to offer and will offer the recap and game analysis of these events, any time and any place.