Natalie Choi
Natalie Choi

Natalie Choi is a sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff. She serves as Staff Writer this year. When she is not in school she enjoys spending her free time with her friends by...

Adviser Aubrey Pasant has been part of the Lion Nation since 2011 as a parent and is in her sixth year of helping students cover everything PCA. A proud Baylor alumna and also an avid Baylor fan, she...

Braylon White
Braylon White
Graphic Designer

Braylon is a Junior and a Graphic Designer and Intern with PCA Student Media. He loves sports and all things Baseball on and off the field.

The Lion’s Fight On

The Lions Fight On

Three teams. One destination. The Varsity Football team had the opportunity to go to the city of Atlanta to participate in a game against Greater Atlanta Christian School. The Girls Volleyball team also traveled for their own game in Atlanta, and the Varsity Cheer team attended as well to support the teams and cheer them on in their games.

The weekend started off with a community dinner in the Greater Atlanta Christian School cafeteria, which is also served by Sage Dining. The students then traveled to the gym to cheer on the Volleyball team as they competed against Greater Atlanta in a fiercely competitive volleyball game. The Volleyball team came out on top after losing the first set yet battled back to take the next two. The athletic trainers, football, and cheerleading teams were cheering loudly the entire game and made the most out of the guest student section. Junior Randell Holmes said, “The Volleyball game was my favorite part of the trip. It was hype.”

The next morning, the Football team traveled to the College Football Hall of Fame building and took part in various activities, such as kicking field goals, a football obstacle course, and even got the opportunity to talk to aHall of Famer, Danny Wuerffel. Senior Annie Murray said, “Watching Sarah Sign, a Senior Athletic Trainer, make a great pass at the College Football Hall of Fame made the visit so fun.” While the Football team was busy learning about the history of football, the Volleyball team and cheerleaders went to the Atlanta Aquarium and watched a dolphin show. After the travelers’ mid-way excursions, it was finally game time for the football game.

With the Volleyball team and the cheerleaders watching and cheering them on, the team took the field proudly waving the Texas flag. The Lions came into the game strong with two rushing touchdowns by Junior Randall Holmes. However, before it was half time, the Spartans were able to gain a touchdown to end the first half.

The Lions had a 14-7 lead over the Spartans by the beginning of the third quarter. Their lead was lost after a long drive down the field for Greater Atlanta. Senior Riley Wilson was able to spark a game-changing play with his pick six, which would give the Lions the confidence to go out and score again, making it 27-14 Prestonwood. The Spartans found a way to fight back and scored three unanswered touchdowns to take the lead and soon the victory. “My favorite part was going to the College Football Hall of Fame,” said Senior JB Moore. “Overall, it was a great chance for team-building, which has made the team even more excited for the coming season.”

Jack Walton, Sports Managing Editor
Jack Walton is a senior and a first-year member of the LionNationOnline staff, he serves as the newest and greatest Sports Editor. He is apart of the Varsity baseball team at PCA and also serves as a midweek leader for high school students. Jack loves going to all the sporting events that Prestonwood has to offer and will offer the recap and game analysis of these events, any time and any place.