• April 23 / 7:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Dallas Christian School (at Graham Field)
  • April 23 / 5:00 pmVarsity Softball | Trinity Christian Academy (at Away)
  • April 25 / 5:00 pmVarsity Baseball | Liberty Christian School (at Away)

Merritt Harris
Merritt Harris

Merritt Harris is a Sophomore and a first year member of the LionNationOnline staff. She serves as a Staff Writer and Graphic Designer. Outside of school she enjoys running and hanging out with friends...

Chelsea Martinez
Chelsea Martinez

Chelsea Martinez is a Senior and a first year member of the LionNationOnline Staff, she serves as a Staff Writer. She enjoys shopping, traveling, and hanging out with her friends. When she is not doing...

Brooks Garland has been on the PCA Student Media Staff for 3 years and serves as Newspaper Intern this year. In her free time, she enjoys long walks on the beach, cheer, spending time with friends and...

Week of Monday, September 16 – Friday, September 20, 2019

Announcements – September 16, 2019

Oklahoma Baptist will be here today during activity period. (Monday the 16th)

Homecoming Dress Code Checks will start this week! Wednesdays 2:30-3:00pm & Fridays 7:15-7:45am in the Campus Ministry office.

Please be sure you have the PCA-issued case on your computer at all times.

If your case is broken, please bring it to Mrs. Murray at the HelpDesk in the Technology office for a replacement.

SLi will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 17 at 9:15 in the Horner Training Center.  Our guest speaker this week is Chelsea Youman,  Texas State Director and National Legislative Advisor.

If you have not registered for SLI, please go to myPCA and get registered.  Registration will close next week. 

Students, if you would like to apply for Financial Assistance for a full credit mission trip, please pick up a form at the front receptionist desk or, click on link below.  All forms are due on September 23 to the Upper School office. 

Click Here for Financial Assistance Form:

https://prestonwoodchristian.myschoolapp.com/ftpimages/1295/download/download_3332545.pdf

North Texas Giving Day

Upper School Spirit Day

Thursday, September 19

In recognition of North Texas Giving Day, students may wear any

“GREEN” t-shirt with jeans. Jeans are to be blue denim (no colored or white) and without any holes, rips, tears or frayed ends

There will be a STEM Honors Program meeting this Friday, Sept. 20 during activity period in the Horner.  Refreshments will be provided followed by a guest speaker. All STEM Honors members are required to attend this meeting.

9TH, 10TH AND 11TH GRADE STUDENTS

To help facilitate testing on PSAT day, all 9th-11th graders will complete a MANDATORY PSAT pre-registration session on the following dates.

9th Grade:              Wednesday, 9/25/19 in Horner during activity at 12:30 pm

10th Grade:            Monday, 9/30/19 in SLC during activity at 9:15 am

11th Grade:            Wednesday, 10/9/19 in Horner during activity at 12:30 pm

Please be sure to bring a #2 pencil with you, mechanical pencils are NOT allowed.

PCA Upper School Spirit Day

Friday, September 20

Wipe Out the Warriors

PCA vs Liberty Christian

Our spirit theme for this Friday is “Hawaiian shirts with jeans”

Students may wear any Hawaiian shirt with jeans OR

a PCA Spirit Shirt with jeans

Jeans are to be blue denim (no colored or white) and without any holes, rips, tears or frayed ends

If you are interested in joining the PCA Science Olympiad team, the application is due to Mrs. Blaine this week. 

If you’re interested in playing softball use the link below

bit.ly/pcasoftball

Come join the IJM club for its first meeting on Friday, September 20th to learn about and discuss crucial issues concerning human trafficking around the world! We’ll be meeting in Doctora’s room during activity period. All are welcome

Book Club:

If you love books and want to hear recommendations from peers, ideas to promote reading for fun at PCA, and/or just talk books, come join us in the Yearbook Room, Friday-9/20/19 during activity period (9:15am).

We will go over dates to meet, what the club will look like, how we will move forward.

Congratulations to the following seniors on their acceptance to college!

Cami Deaton, University of Arkansas and University of Oklahoma

Maddie Doyle, University of Arkansas, Louisiana Tech University, University of North Texas, Ouachita Baptist University

Katie Kittredge, Southwest Baptist University

Rebekah Rohn, Oklahoma State University

Samantha Seal, University of Alabama and University of Missouri

Brooke Steen, Ouachita Baptist University

Emma Stephens
Emma Stephens, Co-Editor in Chief
Emma Stephens is a Senior and is a second year member of the LionNationOnline and serves as Co-Editor-in-Chief. This will be Emma’s 14th year at PCA. She is on the PCA Pom Dance Team and loves performing for a crowd. She plays the guitar, ukulele, and piano whenever she has the chance.